2 November 2009

"What am i?!"

With this project I had to show what sort of Illustrator I am.



In my research I asked lots of people what they thought Illustration was. I found that the general opinion was that Illustration was drawings in books, supporting text. This dated impression compelled me to show how Illustration is far from stagnant drawings in books, how Illustration has escaped the world of books.

  


These are three of my final pieces from a sequence of 10. In my sequence I show 10 potential powers of Illustration; the power to celebrate life, bring things to life, provoke thought, express emotion, take you to other worlds, put a smile on
your face, gives personality, make you feel good, and makes the world a better place. They are all 3D installations, comprised of text and image suspended in the air.


No comments:

Post a Comment