24 December 2009

The Home Poster Project

I was lucky enough to be one of about 20 people to take part in and represent London College of Communication in the Home International Poster Project. This project promotes dialogue through design by linking design students from schools all over the world to address the universal theme of 'home'. The project comprised of a week long workshop with Graphic Designer Yasha Rozov and Lucy Brown on a travelling exhibition.

My design comes from the idea that home is made up of your possessions; after leaving home 2 years ago, my room in my parents house didn't feel like home anymore, because there
was nothing familiar in it, nothing that physically connected it with me, it was just an empty shell.
As soon as I put my belongings into my new room in London I felt at home, and the same feeling came again this year when I moved into a new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment