18 December 2010

Santa's sack

A few of us DPS student popped into Nexus last week, I got a sneak peak of the stop frame animation I worked on the week before - I can't wait to upload it, but I'm not allowed until January!

We popped in to see Johnny Kelly, tucked up in the loft, his space is like an amazing den! We found him working at his desk, surrounded by artefacts from his past animations. He said he had more and dug out a box from under his desk full of bits from his animation 'The Seed'. And let us have whatever we wanted - it was like Santa handing out presents from his sack! I got the seed itself and a few other bits, including them Nexus eco friendly DVD showreel! My love for Nexus has grown even more!



 
Beccy McCray, director of creative development at Nexus Productions, says about their new DVD packaging: "We wanted to create something much more sustainable than the plastic jewel case and came up with the idea of a multi-functional and 100% recyclable cardboard box, inspired by the visual language and utilitarian functionality of the humble transit box."

No comments:

Post a Comment