10 November 2010

pa rum pa pum pum


Last year Dan (the guy I'm currently interning for) made some really gorgeous xmas decorations, based on illustrations from his victorian wallpapers. They went down a treat.
This year he fancied making a few instrumental pieces. So gave me a selection of trumpets, french horns and tubas to screen print onto wood, the designs would then be laser cut into individual decorations.


Dan gave me the freedom to choose colours
; I went for a grape, petrol and maroon colour. At 10am I started a 10hour print-a-thon and enjoyed every minute of it! Radio 6, Dan's sandwiches and chats about the worst jobs kept us going. Here's Dan working away...


He makes me really good sandwiches.


And here are the prints.


The colours came out really nicely on the wood. I did two pulls, in the same direction to maintain the appearance of the grain to give it a slightly aged quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment